Apply for Assistance
About KidSport Edmonton
KidSport is a community funded non-profit organization that subsidizes sport registration fees for kids who live at/below the poverty line, this is done through KidSport’s ‘So ALL Kids Can Play!’ Grant Program.
3 steps to apply for KidSport Edmonton registration fee subsidy:
1. Determine if you qualify (LICO scale below).
2. Register your kid in a KSE funded sport (list below).
3. Apply & submit (buttons below).
When applying, things to note:
- Applications are reviewed and approved within 30 days.
- Reimbursement cheques to KidSport families are sent to the sport club, where it is the responsibility of the sport club to refund the KidSport family.
- KidSport Edmonton uses the Federal Government’s LICO scale (+30%) to determine financial eligibility (LICO scale below).
- It is mandatory to include a copy of the registration receipt or confirmation of enrolment, when submitting the application.
- KidSport serves kids aged 18 and under at sport organizations - both residing within Edmonton’s City limits.
- KidSport’s Top-Notch Sport Club Program is a verified list of safe and quality sport clubs that follow KidSport’s Minimum Standards for Funding, listed below.
- KidSport supports 40 different sports, listed below, and are programs that provide a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors with clear start and end dates, and/or a new dance, marital art’s or gymnastics program.
- A KidSport kid can receive up to $250 in a calendar year (January 1 - December 31), at a maximum of $125 per application. Grants are allocated for sport registration fees ONLY. If equipment is required, please indicate equipment needs on the application in section 5, for a referral to Sport Central.
KidSport Edmonton determines financial qualification based on submission of ONE of the following:
- 2019 Notice of Assessment (Needed for ALL adults in home)
- Canada child Benefits Letter, tax year 2019 Page 1 & 2
- Alberta Health Benefits Letter
- Income support documents
- Subsidized housing Letter
- Copy of a City of Edmonton Leisure Access Pass Receipt (cards are not accepted) OR
- Other qualifying documents:
- Endorsement letter, on letterhead from a Principal/Social Worker/Success Coach
- CERB documentation accepted, required for all adults within the home, until December 31, 2020. Proof of CERB: a screenshot of your CRA ‘My Account’ CERB payment schedule
Federal Government’s Low-income Cut Off (LICO) Scale (As of June 2019)
Family Unit Basic LICO Line KidSport Edmonton’s +30% Funding Line
7 or more persons
List of KSE Funded Sports:
Hockey (field, ball, floor, ice)
Skating (figure, speed & ice)
Football (flag, touch, tackle)
Skiing (alpine, downhill, x country)
Soccer (indoors & outdoors)
If you have questions about your application, please call our Program Manager Jeff James at 780-803-8765, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
KidSport encourages you to explore other opportunities that can support you and your family:
Click HERE to explore other funding opportunities!
To apply online click here:
To print a paper application click on the green bar: