• Riders Most Outstanding Player: 2016
• West Division All-Star: 2017
• Made CFL debut August 30/15
• Played 16 career regular-season NFL games totaling 25 receptions for 396 yards and one touchdown.
Re-signed with the Riders in February 2019… In 2018, played in 14 regular season games with 13 starts… 48 receptions for 570 yards with four touchdowns in 2018 season… As of spring 2019, has played in 49 games with the Riders, recording 224 receptions for 3,188 yards and 19 touchdowns… Signed with three different NFL teams from 2013-14 (Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns).
Played four seasons at the University of Buffalo (2006-09)… played 49 career collegiate games… registered 268 receptions for 3,551 yards and 28 touchdowns… added 62 kickoff returns for 1,438 yards and one touchdown, and 28 punt returns for 267 yards… named 2008 First Team All-MAC.
A KidSport Ambassador through Roosevelt’s Receptions with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
Sport gave me a better understanding of life, what I need to be, how important it is to work hard and what you need to do to get ahead in life; so I want to give kids the same opportunity.
Full Naaman Roosevelt Profile
Muyres Curling Highlights:
- Six-time Provincial Men's Champions, representing Saskatchewan at the Brier
- 2015 Brier Bronze Medalist
- 2018 Canadian Mixed Doubles Champion & World Mixed Doubles Bronze Medalist (Kirk)
The Muyres Curling Rink formed in 2018 and consists of Kirk Muyres, Kevin Marsh, Dan Marsh and Dallan Muyres… The team represented Saskatchewan at the 2019 Brier in Brandon after winning the Saskatchewan provincial championship… The team completes on the Grand Slam of Curling circuit.
Muyres Curling and sponsor Crescent Point Energy donates 10 per cent of winnings to help kids participate in sport… Muyres Curling runs free curling clincs throughout the winter on the Corr Grain Community Rocks Tour to help youth (aged 17 & under) learn the importance of teamwork, work ethic and instill confidence.
We have always been lucky enough to get to play sport, but recognize that not everyone has that opportunity. Sport has offered us opportunities that you do not get anywhere else at a young age. We know it develops us into adults that can contribute positively to society in terms of work ethic, teamwork and confidence. We believe every kid should have the opportunity to develop these skills to grow as an individual, and at the end of the day, every kid should get the chance to have fun with friends.
Kirk Muyres, Skip, Muyres Curling
Full Team Muyres Profile
#46, Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- First Saskatchewan-born and raised player to start in a Major League Soccer game and only the second from Saskatchewan
- Signed his first MLS contract in 2016
- Led the University of Saskatchewan Huskies to its first and only Canada West Men’s Soccer Championship title in 2014
Signed an MLS contract with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Aug. 23, 2016… Made his debut with the club in October 2016… Made 17 appearances with the Whitecaps FC in MLS games in 2018 and 2019… Played in the Canadian Championship in 2018… Played in the CONCACAF Champions League as one of only two Whitecaps FC players to play in each match… Played two seasons with Whitecaps FC 2 in the United Soccer League… Named to 2019 Canadian Gold Cup 40-man roster.
Three-time national All-Canadian… Four-time Canada West All-Star… Led the University of Saskatchewan Huskies to its first and only Canada West men’s soccer championship… Scored 30 goals and 16 assists in four seasons… Two-time E. Kent Phillips Athlete of the Year finalist.
Born and raised in Saskatchewan… Played with the Centennial Collegiate Chargers, winning the high school provincial championship in 2010… Represented Team Saskatchewan at the 2009 Canada Games… Named Male Youth of the Year by the Saskatchewan Soccer Association in 2008.
I’m incredibly happy to be an ambassador for KidSport Saskatchewan. It’s important for children to have the opportunity to play, and be in an environment where your mind can be free. Growing up, it was important for me to have soccer when I went through challenges, especially my mom’s passing. I want kids, especially in my home province of Saskatchewan, to have access to sport, especially when going through tough times.
Full Brett Levis Profile
- Fourth-year defenceman from Saskatoon and captain of the Huskies
- Played hockey, football, soccer, baseball and lacrosse as a kid
- Played in the WHL with the Prince George Cougars and Kootenay Ice
- Played in the SJHL with the Yorkton Terries and Flin Flon Bombers winning an RBC Cup with the Terries in 2014
Playing sports has given me so many opportunities and is the reason I’m where I am today. Sport has given me the chance to develop important life skills like a strong work ethic, being a team player and becoming a leader in society. I am beyond grateful for the friendships, relationships and memories I have received by playing sports and believe it is why every child should have the opportunity to play sports. Sport helps kids grow as individuals and build relationships, all the while having fun with friends.
Full Tanner Lishchynsky Profile
- Third-year guard from Saskatoon
- Played basketball, fastball, volleyball and beach volleyball as a kid
- Two-time Canada West champion with Huskies
- Won the Saskatoon city basketball championship four times and the high school provincial championship twice with Holy Cross High School
Being able to play sports allows individuals to live active lifestyles, but also build confidence, leadership, work ethic and the ability to overcome obstacles. I am happy to help inspire kids through sports to become the best that they can be.
Full Katriana Philipenko Profile
- Former KidSport recipient
- Fourth-year receiver from Regina
- Family immigrated to Canada in 2001 from Sudan
- Played football with Team Saskatchewan in 2013 and with Team Canada in 2014
The relationships gained through sports are priceless. You meet so many likeminded individuals that help foster the growth of those involved. The practices and games teach discipline and help gain self-confidence through the support of teammates. KidSport offers more than an opportunity to get involved in organized sports but offers youth an opportunity to gain lifelong community relationships while creating leaders of tomorrow.
Full Yol Piok Profile
- Former KidSport recipient
- Second-year wrestler from Saskatoon
- Won two provincial high school provincial medals (gold in 2017-18 and bronze in 2016-17) with Centennial Collegiate
As a kid, KidSport helped me participate in sports, which developed me into the person I am today. Being a Huskie athlete, I know the impact sport can have on a kid and not all kids are able to have access to the life defining activity of sport.
Full George Ren Profile