Apply for Assistance
KidSport PEI believes that it is important that no child is left on the sidelines -'So All Kids Can Play'. The cost of participating in organized sport can be a barrier to participation and limit the choices for some families. KidSport PEI helps families who face financial barriers in getting their children to participate in organized sport.
Where to begin:
Eligibility is based on family income level, and to those families with children aged 18 years of age and under. There is no limit to the number of children who may receive a grant within one family.
A child may receive only one grant per calendar year. However, the grant may be applied to more than one sport.
Sport activities must be affiliated with member sport organizations of Sport PEI.
- Sport activities must be those that demonstrate a sustained sport experience.
- The grant may be applied to a sport's registration/membership fees or mandatory personal sport equipment
- Approval is given by the KidSport PEI Allocation Committee only.
- Applications must be received and approved each year.
- Applications must be received within 6 weeks of the sport's registration date. It is beneficial that the application form, with the appropriate support documentation, is submitted well in advance of the start of any program.
Responsibility of the Sport Organization
We would like to provide you with a few of our policies/processes:
Confidentiality is vitally important. Please do not openly share names of KidSport kids with others.
It is the responsibility of the sport association to confirm the registration and participation of KidSport kids with the Fund Administrator, Terry Bernard at email@example.com. No funds will be released until that step is complete.
The fiscal year for KidSport is January-December, therefore:
- We do not accept applications outside the participation year.
- We will not provide funds to an organization which requests the payment of fees after December 31. If a child/children has been approved by KidSport PEI and you do not request the funds prior to December 31, it is our expectation that your organization will waive the fees for that child/children, provided they were previously approved by the Allocation Committee.