About KidSport Prince Edward Island
KidSport PEI believes all Island children should have the opportunity to experience the positive benefits that sport offers. Organized sport teaches children important life skills, such as leadership, commitment, teamwork and self-confidence. Staying physically active is important for everyone, and playing sports helps develop healthy lifestyles for children across Prince Edward Island. KidSport PEI helps remove the financial barriers that limit some children from participating in sport in PEI.
*Since 1997, KidSport PEI has distributed $1,332,340.48 in grants to 7100 Island children to cover the cost of sport registration fees and/or equipment.
* KidSport PEI provides grants for children 18 years of age and under, to participate in organized amateur sport.
* KidSport grants are available to a maximum of $300, which can be applied to more than one sport per calendar year.
* Since 1998, Bell-Aliant has been the corporate partner of KidSport PEI. By financially supporting the administrative functions of our program, we can ensure 100% of all funds raised go to the children.
* There are over 40 provincial sport organizations in PEI that children can choose to participate in, using the KidSport program.
* The Province of Prince Edward Island provides in-kind support to the program.
KidSport is a registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association with the Government of Canada. Registered associations are qualified donees; therefore, they can issue official donation receipts and are eligible to receive gifts from registered charities. For verification, please visit the Government of Canada website.