Apply for Assistance
KidSport Windsor Program Guidelines
- A child can be approved for up to $500 per calendar year for two sports (at a maximum of $250.00 per sport).
- Grants are awarded for registration and equipment fees only.
- Grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications are reviewed within four weeks of the submission deadline (please refer to the Submission Deadline schedule below).
- Cheques for registration grants are made payable to a league, association or club. Cheques/vouchers for equipment will be made payable to a sporting goods retailer. (Note: KidSport reserves the right to request proof of purchase).
- Recipient organizations will receive a notification letter stating the name of the eligible child and approved amount.
- A child is eligible upon meeting the following requirements:
- 18 years of age and under
- Resident of Windsor and Essex County
- Approval is also based on Statistics Canada’s Low Income Cut-Off Line (LICO). For the most updated LICO table, please visit Statistics Canada at https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1110024101
- Families must submit an income document stating proof of total family income for the most current tax base year
- Notice of Assessment for all income earners within the household
- Child Tax Benefit Notice Form
- Application forms will not be reviewed until all information is received.
- Complete applications will receive a letter no more than four weeks after the deadline notifying them of the status of their application.
- The sport/recreational program must meet the following requirements:
- Group coached (not individual or private instruction)
- A minimum of 6 weeks in duration (excluding day camps)
- Delivered by current members of a recognized Provincial Sport Organization (ie/ approved by the Ontario Government)
2020 Application Submission Deadline Schedule:
January 9 - CLOSED
February 6 - CLOSED
March 6 - CLOSED
Submitting Your Application
Please ensure that all sections of your application are complete and accurate. Incomplete and inaccurate information can lead to delays in processing your application. If you have any questions regarding the program or completing the application, please do not hesitate to contact Charmaine at 519-253-2300 x. 2705.
Completed applications can be submitted online or in-person: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit your application in-person, please visit one of the following locations:
Parks, Recreation & Culture and Facilities Administration Office
2450 McDougall Street
Windsor, ON N8X 3N6
Riverside Physiotherapy Clinic
832 Lauzon Road
Windsor ON N8S 3M5