Apply for Assistance
We have supported as many kids now as we did all last year! Due to this 25% increase in applications, our Chapter must suspend receiving applications until we raise more funds. Our volunteers are working diligently to encourage potential donors, and to write grant applications.
Please read all details carefully before calling the Chapter voice message system, sending questions by email or sending an application to the Chapter.
- Maximum grant amount per child per year is $300 in no more than 2 programs.
- Grants are provided for economically disadvantaged children or youth 18 years of age and under using the following criteria:
- Participants must reside in Kitchener Waterloo and the program must be conducted in Kitchener Waterloo. Exceptions may be made for advanced or specialized programs not available in Kitchener Waterloo.
- Payments are made:
1) To a sport or dance organization towards registration fees for the following types of activities:
A. Introduction to sport, instructional, recreational (‘house league’) and competitive (‘rep’, ‘representative’, ‘elite’) sport programs that are:
i) group coached, and
ii) delivered by current members of a recognized Provincial Sport Organization (i.e. approved by the Ontario Government) regardless of membership in any national or international organization
*See approved sports list below*
B. Dance programs that are ‘group coached’ (not individual instruction) per list approved by KW Chapter
2) To a retailer towards purchase of equipment necessary for the above programs
Eligible types of equipment:
- Protective gear (helmets, gloves, shin guards)
- Specialized footwear (ballet shoes, cleats, skates, ski boots)
- Team Uniforms
Non-eligible equipment: balls, bats, hockey sticks, mouth guards
- Application must be received 30 days prior to registration for the specific dance or sport organization’s program or it will not be accepted
- Child must not begin participating in the dance or sport program before the application for a KidSport grant is approved
- Application must be completed accurately and fully or it will be returned to the applicant
- Application forms must be accompanied by copies of an income tax Notice of Assessment from CRA for the previous year and either the three most recent pay stubs, or social assistance or disability statements, for each adult in the household
- Grants may be provided when the Chapter deems sufficient funds are available
- The decision of the Chapter is final regardless of the application being late, lost, misdirected or misplaced - there is no appeal process
Send the application to the Chapter by email at email@example.com or by postal mail or delivery to:
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo
c/o The Family Centre
65 Hanson Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2C 2H6
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo is run entirely by volunteers - there are no KidSport representatives or employees at this location
To apply online, please click the Apply Online button below, to be directed to our new Online Application Platform. You will be required to set up a profile using your email address. Once you have registered your email, a verification message will be sent to your account, and will include your temporary password. You can change your password when you login for the first time.
When you start your new application, please click to view Chapter by List and choose KidSport Kitchener Waterloo from the list of community chapters.
Your application can be saved at any time while you are filling it out. If you don't have all of the information requested you can save your application and continue to fill it out at a later day. Once you have completed all of the required fields you can submit your application.
Please note, the online application requires financial information / verification. Please have electronic copies (or photos) of your most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment ready to upload.
We generally accept applications for children 18 years and younger who are participating at an eligible sport organization (must be a member in good standing of their relevant Provincial Sport Organization).