Apply for Assistance
- Please read all details carefully before calling the Chapter voice message system, sending questions by email or sending an application to the Chapter.
- Maximum grant amount per child per year is $300 in no more than 2 programs.
- Grants are provided for economically disadvantaged children or youth 18 years of age and under using the following criteria:
- Participants must reside in Kitchener Waterloo and the program must be conducted in Kitchener Waterloo. Exceptions may be made for advanced or specialized programs not available in Kitchener Waterloo.
- Payments are made:
1) To a sport or dance organization towards registration fees for the following types of activities:
A. Introduction to sport, instructional, recreational (‘house league’) and competitive (‘rep’, ‘representative’, ‘elite’) sport programs that are:
i) group coached, and
ii) delivered by current members of a recognized Provincial Sport Organization (i.e. approved by the Ontario Government) regardless of membership in any national or international organization
*See approved sports list below*
B. Dance programs that are ‘group coached’ (not individual instruction) per list approved by KW Chapter
Camps, private or semi-private lessons in dance and sport, and travel are not funded
2) To a retailer towards purchase of equipment necessary for the above programs
Eligible types of equipment:
- Protective gear (helmets, gloves, shin guards)
- Specialized footwear (ballet shoes, cleats, skates, ski boots)
- Team Uniforms
Non-eligible equipment: balls, bats, hockey sticks, mouth guards
- Application must be received 30 days prior to registration for the specific dance or sport organization’s program or it will not be accepted
- Child must not begin participating in the dance or sport program before the application for a KidSport grant is approved
- Application must be completed accurately and fully or it will be returned to the applicant
- Application forms must be accompanied by copies of an income tax Notice of Assessment from CRA for the previous year and either the three most recent pay stubs, or social assistance or disability statements, for each adult in the household
- Grants may be provided when the Chapter deems sufficient funds are available
- The decision of the Chapter is final regardless of the application being late, lost, misdirected or misplaced - there is no appeal process
Send the application to the Chapter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail or delivery to:
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo
c/o The Family Centre
65 Hanson Ave.
Kitchener, ON N2C 2H6
KidSport Kitchener Waterloo is run entirely by volunteers - there are no KidSport representatives or employees at this location