Apply for Assistance: Please take note of our application deadlines
IMPORTANT: Please CLICK HERE to review our statement regarding COVID-19 and its impact.
KidSport Ontario provides financial assistance to Ontario children and youth, 18 years old and under, who are facing financial barriers preventing them from participating in organized sport.
Steps to apply for KidSport funding
- Get the right application form - Find the KidSport chapter that corresponds with the city that you live in, but if there is not a chapter in your city, you would apply to the provincial office by CLICKING HERE or the green button below titled "KidSport Ontario Grant Application and Guidelines". To check if there is a chapter in your city, CLICK HERE.
- Please Note: If you are applying for funding for a high school sport team, the application can be downloaded by clicking the green button below titled "high school sports grant application" and all applications must be sent to the provincial office.
- Read over the guidelines page - Each chapter has guidelines specific to your community, please read over the guidelines and ensure that you and the sport organization you are applying for are eligible for KidSport funding and you include all necessary documentation requested.
- Complete application - Print application form and fill out each section on the form. the Adult Sponsor (parent or guardian) is responsible for filling out the application and keeping a copy for their records.
- Send application to your KidSport chapter - Contact information for your chapter can be found on the chapter's application form. Please send your application via the methods listed (i.e. if there is no email address, the application must be mailed.
- For Frequently Asked Questions about the KidSport grant application process, please CLICK HERE.
To apply online, please CLICK HERE to be directed to our new Online Application Platform. You will be required to set up a profile using your email address. Once you have registered your email, a verification message will be sent to your account and will include your temporary password. You can change your password when you log in for the first time.
When you start your new application, please click to view Chapter by List and choose KidSport Ontario from the list of community chapters.
Your application can be saved at any time while you are filling it out. If you don't have all of the information requested you can save your application and continue to fill it out at a later day. Once you have completed all of the required fields you can submit your application.
Please note, the online application requires financial information/verification. Please have electronic copies (or photos) of your most recent Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment ready to upload.
1. For ALL programs taking place between January 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020, the deadline was December 1st, 2019 .
2. For ALL programs taking place between March 2- August 31st, 2020, the deadline is February 14th, 2020.
3. For ALL programs taking place between September 1-December 31, 2020 the deadline is July 1st, 2020.
*Please note: KidSport funds up to $250 per child per the calendar year.
If you have any questions on the KidSport Ontario grant program please contact us at Ontario@kidsportcanada.ca or call 416-899-9106.