Apply for Assistance
KidSport™ grants are available for children 18 years and under who are in financial need to pay registration fees for the sport of their choice.
If you are unable to print the application form you can contact us and we will mail or fax you the form.
Can more than one child from a family receive a KidSport™ grant?
How often can a child be funded?
Once per calendar year. In the next calendar year a child can be funded for the sport again, or for a different sport.
If I apply for funding, how soon will I be notified?
Approximately one month from receipt of the application, however most sports will allow your child to start play at the beginning of the season should you advise them that you have submitted your application to KidSport™. Incomplete forms could result in a major delay. Please read the instructions carefully.
Sports that are governed by a provincial sports organization qualify.
To be eligible for funding the sport organization that the child is applying for must be a member of one of the Provincial Sport Organizations listed below.
- Alpine Skiing - BC Alpine Ski Association
- Archery - British Columbia Archery Association
- Athletics - British Columbia Amateur Athletics Association
- Badminton - Badminton BC
- Ball Hockey - BC Ball Hockey Association (Street Hockey)
- Baseball - BC Amateur Baseball Association
- Basketball - Basketball BC
- Biathlon - Biathlon British Columbia
- Blind Sports - British Columbia Blind Sports & Recreation Association
- Bowling - Bowling Proprietors’ Association of BC
- Boxing - Boxing BC
- Canoe / Kayaking - Canoe Kayak BC
- Cricket - Cricket BC
- Cross Country Skiing - Cross Country British Columbia
- Curling - Curl BC
- Cycling - Cycling BC
- Dance Sport - DanceSport BC
- Deaf Sports - British Columbia Deaf Sports Federation
- Disabled Skiing - Disabled Skiers Association of BC
- Disc Sport - BC Disc Sports Society
- Diving - BC Diving
- Fencing - BC Fencing Association
- Field Hockey - Field Hockey BC
- Figure Skating - Skate Canada – BC/YT Section
- Floorball - BC Floorball Federation
- Football - Football BC
- Freestyle Skiing - BC Freestyle Ski Association
- Golf - Golf British Columbia
- Gymnastics - Gymnastics BC
- Hockey - British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association
- Horse Council - Horse Council of BC
- Jiu-Jitsu - Jiu-Jitsu BC
- Judo - Judo BC
- Karate - Karate BC
- Lacrosse - British Columbia Lacrosse Association
- Lawn Bowling - Bowls BC
- Lifesaving - Lifesaving Society, BC & Yukon
- Netball - Netball BC Association
- Orienteering - Orienteering Association of British Columbia
- Rhythmic Gymnastics - BC Rhythmic Sportive Gymnastics Federation
- Ringette - British Columbia Ringette Association
- Rowing - Rowing BC
- Rugby - British Columbia Rugby Union
- Sailing - British Columbia Sailing Association
- School Sports - BC School Sports
- Snowboarding - BC Snowboard Association
- Soaring - BC Soaring Society
- Soccer - British Columbia Soccer Association
- Softball - British Columbia Amateur Softball Association
- Special Olympics - Special Olympics BC
- Speed Skating - British Columbia Speed Skating Association
- SportAbility - SportAbility Cerebral Palsy Sports Association of BC
- SportAbility - Sledge Hockey
- Squash - Squash BC
- Swimming - Swim BC
- Synchronized Swimming - Synchronized Swimming Association British Columbia
- Table Tennis - BC Table Tennis Association
- Taekwondo - WTF British Columbia Taekwondo Federation
- Tennis - Tennis BC
- Triathlon - Triathlon British Columbia
- Volleyball - Volleyball BC
- Water Skiing / Wakeboarding - Water Ski and Wakeboard BC
- Waterpolo - BC Waterpolo Association
- Weightlifting - BC Weightlifting Association
- Wheelchair Sports - BC Wheelchair Sports Association
- Wrestling - British Columbia Wrestling Association
If you do not find all of the answers you are looking for then and we will be pleased to help you… So All Kids Can Play!