Apply for Assistance
Steps to apply for KidSport funding
If you do not live in one of the below communities please use the provincial application form here.
- Get the right application form - from the list below, find the KidSport chapter that corresponds with the city that you live in, and download the application.
- Read over the guidelines page - each chapter has guidelines specific to your community, please read over the guidelines and ensure that you and the sport organization you are applying for are eligible for KidSport funding
- Complete application - print application form and fill out each section on the form. the Adult Sponsor (parent or guardian) is responsible for filling out the application and keeping a copy for their records
- Send application to your KidSport chapter - contact information for your chapter can be found at the bottom of your application form. Please send your application via the methods listed (i.e. if there is no email address, application must be mailed or faxed)
- Please allow a minimum of 60 days before funds are sent - of course if you have questions before then, feel free to reach out to your KidSport chapter.
We generally accept applications for children 18 years and younger who are participating at an eligible sport organization (must be a member in good standing of their relevant Provincial Sport Organization), and who meet our income eligibility guidelines, as below.
# People in Household
To apply for KidSport Funding download the application form for the city that you live in. If you do not live in one of the below communities please use the provincial application form here.
No chapter where you live? Use the provincial application form here.
To be eligible for KidSport funding the sport organization that the child participates in must be a member of Sport BC's through one of the below Provincial Sport Organizations. See below for a list and links to all the organizations.
Adaptive Snow Sports
BC Adaptive Snow Sports
BC Alpine Ski Association
British Columbia Archery Association
British Columbia Amateur Athletics Association
BC Ball Hockey Association
BC Amateur Baseball Association
BC Blind Sports & Recreation Association
Bowling Proprietors’ Association of BC
Canoe / Kayaking
Canoe Kayak BC
BC Cheerleading Association
Sport Climbing Association of BC
British Columbia Deaf Sports Federation
BC Fencing Association
Field Hockey BC
Skate Canada – BC/YT Section
British Columbia Provincial Football Association
British Columbia Golf
British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association
Horse Council of BC
Jump Rope BC
British Columbia Lacrosse Association
Orienteering Association of British Columbia
BC Rhythmic Sportive Gymnastics Federation
British Columbia Ringette Association
British Columbia Rugby Union
British Columbia Sailing Association
British Columbia Soccer Association
BC School Sports
British Columbia Amateur Softball Association
Special Olympics BC
British Columbia Speed Skating Association
Synchronized Swimming Association British Columbia
WTF British Columbia Taekwondo Federation
Triathlon British Columbia
British Columbia Ultimate Society
BC Water Polo Association
BC Wheelchair Sports Association
British Columbia Wrestling Association