His Legacy

Satkar Singh Sidhu, a loving brother, son and friend was born and raised in Abbotsford, BC. He was the most driven and passionate young man there was; he poured his heart and soul into every step he took in life. His presence would light up a room before he even walked in and his beaming smile would turn anyone’s day around. Satkar’s genuine personality helped form life long friendships, which he kept near and dear to his heart.

Satkar cherished his family - his parents were his greatest motivation. Many of his favourite days were spent laughing and playing with his 26 first cousins. He had a very special bond with his younger brother and provided persistent support to him. Satkar's shared hobby with his brothers was basketball. No matter what, he would be found organizing weekly basketball matches.

We would love to keep Satkar's legacy alive with the best way we know how - through his ideals. He lived his life to the fullest, all while making sure others did the same. Satkar loved to see children follow their passions, especially in sports. He admired each child’s dedication, energy and enthusiasm while they participated in sports. If he were here today, he'd be proud to lend a hand to the parents raising children in today’s society.

There are very few people who come into the world for an extremely short period of time but, manage to leave behind the greatest impact - Satkar can be described as one of these people. The void of his presence will always remain but, we hope this memorial fund will bring him some joy.

Why KidSport?

KidSport believes ALL kids should be given the opportunity to play organized sports and develop healthy lifestyles, no matter the financial, physical or language barriers that may exist. Abundant research exists that proves sport participation enhances academic performance, improves health and develops valuable life skills in the areas of teamwork, socialization, goal setting and time management. Another positive benefit of sport participation is access to mentorship and guidance from coaches. The challenges that come with playing sports also teach children useful life lessons and skills including leadership, hard work, dedication and self-confidence. Through sport participation, kids tend to lead happier, healthier lifestyles, now and in future.

KidSport believes that it truly takes a village to raise a child. The Abbotsford community must raise its children together. The youth of today is the future of tomorrow. Satkar’s memorial fund is our contribution to the Abbotsford community in helping children pursue active lifestyles. Please note the money we are raising will be distributed to children in our Abbotsford community.

How To Donate

To donate online, please click the HERE or click the “Donate” button and follow the steps to complete the process. If you chose to donate online, you will receive a tax receipt from KidSport through the email you have provided. Tax receipts are provided for donations of $20 or more.

From your donation, 96.5% of the proceeds will be supporting KidSport Abbotsford. The remaining 3.5% covers processing fees to operate the donation website. Please be advised most other donation websites have higher payment processing fees AND charge a fee on each donation. 

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of Satkar’s immediate family members. 

Please remember every donation counts!