Apply for Assistance
For information or to apply to KidSport Sylvan Lake please call toll free 1-888-914-5437
How does KidSport help?
- KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers, so they can participate in registered sport programs.
- KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
- Families who are low income, on AISH, unemployed, or receiving income support through provincial government are all considered eligible.
- KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
- Grants for children and youth 18 years and under.
- KidSport provides financial support, to a maximum amount per eligible child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees.
- Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31.
- If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency.
- Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
When is the deadline to apply?
- It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
- Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding.
Privacy / Confidentiality
KidSport respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted in order to process the application.