Apply for Assistance
How does KidSport help?
- KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers, so they can participate in registered sport programs.
- KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
- Families who are low income, on AISH, unemployed, or receiving income support through provincial government are all considered eligible.
- KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
- Grants for children and youth 18 years and under.
What does a KidSport grant cover?
- KidSport provides financial support, the KidSport Hanna can provide up to $400 per eligible child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees.
- Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31.
- If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency.
- Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
When is the deadline to apply?
- It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
- Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply:
- Find a sport program your child would like to join and register him/her.
- Find your local KidSport Chapter, by visiting kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/find-a-chapter/, or by calling 1-888-914-5437
- You can now apply online or use the paper application form.
- Notify the sport organization that you are requesting funds from KidSport.
- Complete all sections of the application
- Paper applications can be submitted by mail or email or fax.
Applications are reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club directly within two weeks of the review date. You will receive an email confirming your application result. Please note incomplete applications will delay the process by a minimum of four (4) weeks.
Privacy / Confidentiality
KidSport respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted in order to process the application.
Proof of Income Statement- Canada Revenue has a new statement that can be used to apply for KidSport funding. To access go to cra.gc.ca/myaccount
Click here to apply online:
To print a paper application please click on the green bar: