Apply for Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
• KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
• KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Families that are on low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support through provincial government are all
• Grants are allocated for sport registration fees and equipment; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
• A child can receive up to $400 in a calendar year.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
• KidSport Fort Saskatchewan provides financial support up to $400 per child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31.
• If the child needs equipment we will make referral to either of our partners, Northern Alberta - Sport Central
Southern Alberta - Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid to the sport
How to Apply:
1 Apply online or send your completed application to KidSport.
2 Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information and Income information.
3 Complete Sport Program Information (including total cost of the program and amount you are requesting from KidSport) after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the sport organization that you are requesting funds from KidSport). For online applications - If you have proof of registration, it will expedite your application if you attach a copy of the proof of registration. For paper applications - either attach a copy of the proof of registration or have the sports organization sign and date your application as proof of registration.
4 Verify your financial situation in accordance to individual chapter guidelines.
Financial verification can be either an Endorser from a Social Agency
Proof of Income
- most recent tax assessment from all adults in the home
- last 3 consecutive pay stubs from all adults in the home
- Alberta Child Health Benefits letter
- Subsidized housing
- Income support
- Canada Child Benefit notice- page one & two required
Below is the low income guidelines used by Fort Saskatchewan Chapter:
(# adults Plus children)
Family Taxable Income
(Line 236 of tax assessment)
$ 41,007 or less
$ 50,414 or less
$ 61,209 or less
$ 69,423 or less
$ 78,296 or less
7 persons or more
$ 87,172 or less
5 Mail or fax your completed application to KidSport Fort Saskatchewan.
6 Application is reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within two weeks
of the review date.
Incomplete applications will result in delays in processing and will be denied if all information is not submitted.
If you are applying for a City Recreation program (ie: any recreation programs from the City Leisure Guide such as swimming), check out the new City of Fort Saskatchewan Recreation Access Program at www.fortsask.ca/everyoneplays before submitting your application to KidSport. You could be eligible for $200/year through this exciting new program for 2017.
To apply online for KidSport click here:
To print a paper application click on the green bar: