Apply for Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
• KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
• KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant (Please note children 18 years of age, must still be in high school).
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Families that are on low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support through provincial government are all
• Grants are allocated for sport registration fees and equipment; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
• A child can receive up to $250 in a calendar year.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
• KidSport Edmonton provides financial support up to $250 per child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year
runs from January 1 – December 31.
Please note for Soccer applications,as part of a partnership with Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) KidSport funds a maximum of $100 for outdoor soccer, and $150 for indoor soccer each calendar year to provide children and their families support for both seasons of soccer. This helps to ensure that children have access to both seasons. Please also be aware that this only applies for EMSA community level programs.
• If the child needs equipment we will make referral to either of our partners, Northern Alberta - Sport Central
Southern Alberta - Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid to the sport
How to Apply:
1. Application now available online (preferred method) OR follow steps 2 -6 for paper application
2. Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information (on KSAB Application Form Edmonton-PDF linked below).
3. Complete Sport Program Information after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the sport organization that you
are requesting funds from KidSport). We now welcome a Receipt of Registration as Sport Club confirmation.
4. Verify your financial situation in accordance to individual chapter guidelines. (Either Endorser or Proof of Income)
5. Email, mail or fax your completed application to KidSport Edmonton.
6. Application is reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within four weeks of the review date.
To apply online click here:
To print a paper application click on the green bar: