Apply for Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
• KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
• KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Families that are on low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support through provincial government are all
• Grants are allocated for sport registration fees and equipment; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
• A child can receive up to $250 in a calendar year.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
• KidSport Edmonton provides financial support up to $250 per child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year
runs from January 1 – December 31.
• If the child needs equipment we will make referral to either of our partners, Northern Alberta - Sport Central
Southern Alberta - Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid to the sport
How to Apply:
1 Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information (on KSAB Application Form 2016 Edmonton-PDF linked below).
2 Complete Sport Program Information after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the sport organization that you
are requesting funds from KidSport).
3 Verify your financial situation in accordance to individual chapter guidelines. (Either Endorser or Proof of Income)
4 Email, mail or fax your completed application to KidSport Edmonton.
5 Application is reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within two weeks
of the review date.