KidSport Calgary is currently accepting resumes for our 2018 Summer Event Coordinator. This is a term position (May -August 2018) for current post secondary students.
Position Title: Summer Event Coordinator
Term: Student Summer Position, May 7, 2018 – August 31, 2018, 35 hrs a week; daytime/nights/weekends Start and end date, negotiable
Location: Mission, Calgary AB
Reporting To: Manager, Sport Partnerships & Operations
Compensation: $15 per hour, based on a 35 hour week
About KidSport Calgary and Area
KidSport™ Calgary and Area is a local non-profit organization that supports low-income families with their kids, sport registration fees. Since inception in 1995, KidSport Calgary has supported over 41,000 kids and distributed over $10 million, locally raised, dollars back into our communities, sport clubs and organizations. This is made possible through fundraising events, grants, sponsors and individual/corporate donations. Dollars raised here, stay here to support local kids with accessing their sporting dreams.
The Summer Event Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the mission of the organization by primarily assisting with special event support, along with office admin support. This position is ideal for someone who understands the positive life skills learned from sport and is passionate about helping kids play sport.
SPECIAL EVENT SUPPORT (External Relations)
• Working with the Manager, Sport Partnerships & Operation in the office to assist with the planning and executing of KidSport’s own events as well as third party events.
• Act as a KidSport representative during outreach and fundraising events, both independently and with volunteers and/or with staff. Assisting with the set up and teardown of events.
• Assist with social media support throughout the summer, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Take a lead on recruiting and gathering auction and raffle donations for upcoming events
OFFICE SUPPORT (Internal Relations)
• Responds to telephone inquiries and provides service to guests visiting the office
• Assists staff with application process and other administrative duties as required
Must be a current University student that is returning to school in the Fall of 2018
Must be available on the following dates: May 27, June 7 & June 23
Knowledge and interest in sports, event planning/administrative support, an asset
Proficient in Microsoft office, database entry and quick to learning new systems
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Able to multi-task
Patience with clients that speak English as a second language
Ability to work independently as well as in a Team
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interested individuals should apply via email with their Cover Letter & Resume to Lisa Parham firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 16th at 4pm