Sportsnet City Wide 50/50 in support of KidSport Calgary & Area
Rules and Regulations
- Raffle tickets shall not be sold to a person under 18 years of age.
- Adults will be advised not to write the name of a person under 18 years of age on the ticket.
- KidSport Calgary and Area Staff and Board Members are not eligible to purchase tickets for the raffle.
- Tickets will be sold at 1 for $5 and 20,000 tickets will be printed.
- Exact draw location: Rogers Media Stations, 535 7 Ave sw, Calgary, AB T2P 0Y4 at 8:00am on March 6, 2020.
- The draw will be conducted by all ticket stubs will be placed in a rolling barrel to select the winner. The barrel will be rolled multiple times to mix up the entries. One single ticket will be draw from the barrel.
- It is a single percentage prize draw (50%) and therefore, only one ticket will be drawn to select the winner. The prize is a minimum guarantee of $20,000 or 50% of ticket sales, whichever is greater.
- The winner of the percentage draw (50/50) will be contacted by both phone and email three (3) times (if necessary) to claim their prize. The prize will be guaranteed for one (1) year following the official draw. If after one (1) year, the winner has not claimed their prize, the prize amount will be donated to KidSport Calgary and Area for use in another fundraising raffle upon AGLC approval.
- Tickets will be available for purchase in person and online through the Rogers Media and KidSport Calgary and area website. In order to purchase tickets online the purchaser must acknowledge that they are 18 years of age or older and that they are a resident of Alberta. The online sales procedure will be as follows: When a ticket is purchased online through our website the purchaser will receive an email confirming the sale. The purchaser will be mailed their portion of the ticket and the portion with the contact information will be added to the raffle drum.
- The purchase of tickets will be promoted through the KidSport Calgary and Area social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram). It will also be promoted on the Rogers Media website, social media, and on-air by their radio hosts.
- KidSport Calgary and Area will ensure that all Rogers radio stations include the following in all on air promotions:
- KidSport Calgary and Area as the charity
- The licence number for the raffle
- The date and location of the raffle draw
- Statement that tickets may only be purchased or sold within Alberta
- KidSport Calgary and Area will fully refund at the ticket price of $5.00 to any persons who wishes to cancel their raffle ticket purchase. They will be required to provide their half of the ticket, which was issued as their receipt of purchase. Subsequently, their corresponding ticket stub will be removed from the stubs collected and no longer eligible for the draw.
- KidSport Calgary and Area will also include the information that a winning ticket stub may have more than one name on the stub, however, the KidSport Calgary and Area will only award the cheque to one of the individuals identified on the ticket. KidSport Calgary and Area and the AGLC will not be responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stubs.
- Rules will be made available upon request, as well as distributed to all ticket sellers.
- If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Chelsea Ince at the KidSport Calgary and Area office at 403-202-0251.
- Tickets will be sold at the following locations:
- KidSport Calgary and Area offices – 3557 52 st se
- Rogers Media – 535 7 Ave sw
- All KidSport Calgary fundraising events and third party events starting January 1, 2020 through March 5, 2020
- Promotion of these ticket sale locations will be done on air with all Rogers Media stations (Sportsnet 960 and Breakfast Television - City TV Calgary) and include the information listed in point 12.
- Promotion of the raffle and ticket sales information will also be posted on KidSport Calgary and Rogers Media websites.
- Promotion of the raffle and ticket sales information will also be promoted on the KidSport Calgary and Area and Rogers Media social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Ticket sales will occur at the locations listed above (see point 17). Cash and credit card will be accepted. Credit card will be accepted through KidSport Calgary and Area’s square system. Books of tickets will be kept by a dedicated group of individuals, not distributed amongst numerous volunteers for sale, and only sold in the above locations. Sales will be available during regular office hours for the duration of the raffle period.
- Bank deposits will be made weekly by Kevin Webster.
- Tickets are $5.00 and will only be offered at the price point of 1 for $5.00. The ticket stub with the corresponding number to the ticket stub retained by the raffle’s organizations, will be used as the purchaser’s official receipt.
- Tracking will be done with the AGLC ticket sales tracking form to ensure all tickets and stubs are accounted for.