KidSport 25th Anniversary
Sport Partner Champions
Attention KidSport Calgary & Area - Sport Club Partners,
We have an opportunity that we’d thought you may be interested in – we’d like you to become a sport partner champion and show leadership within your sport and community as you support our local KidSport chapter and our 25th Anniversary in 2020.
Why should my club/sport become a champion?
Your local KidSport chapter is a charity that raises money that goes directly back into your community, your sport and your club to help those in need to ensure they are able to participate. KidSport chapters work tirelessly to raise the funds necessary to support local kids and ultimately the local sport economy and your clubs. This is a great opportunity to be recognized as a leader in your sport and togive back during this milestone year.
How do I get involved?
Make a commitment as a club to show your support for KidSport Calgary & Area. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Donation link: Put the KidSport donation link on your website or as an option on your registration page like CalWest Basketball and Kyle Shewfelt Gymnastics have done for years.
- Share and Donate: Promote and or participate in your local chapters fundraising events on social media and within your membership (share ticket info, donate auction items, sponsor etc) like InjaNation does each year!
- Contribute to the Cause - Include support for KidSport in your registration fees similar to the Calgary Minor Soccer Association KidSport program
- Get Social: Thank KidSport donors and partners – tell your story – this can be a written thank you or social media posts letting people know the impact KidSport has had on your club, your sport or directly from kids in your programs that KidSport is helping.
- Promote: Promote the 25th Anniversary fundraising initiatives to your membership – parents, volunteers and athletes – these initiatives will fall into three main campaigns.
- Coach the Coach which is meant for teams and individual athletes wanting to give back and have some fun with their coaches – see our first videos here
- PlayitForward25 – individuals sharing what sport means and has meant to them
- Monthly messaging – the importance of sport and what we learn
- Charity of Choice in 2020: Raise, donate or fundraise for KidSport within the 2020 calendar year. Make KidSport your charity of choice through one of your annual events, tournaments, camps, drop-in classes or new programs like Flip Factory, Elev8 Lacrosse, Calgary Bantam Football Association and Hockey Calgary do each year. You can even join our KidSport Recycling program like our great partners at WinSport, Calgary Soccer Centre and Westside Rec Centre!
What do I get in return?
Your club will be promoted on our social media channels and website as an official KidSport 25 Sport Partner Champion. You will continue to receive funding for qualified kids in your program through KidSport that you are now apart of helping ensure those dollars will continue to be there year after year. You will be a community leader within your sport showing others the importance of KidSport to your club, your sport and our sport community as a whole. To get your club signed up contact us today – firstname.lastname@example.org