Apply for Assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
• KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
• KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
What Communities does KidSport Calgary service?
KidSport Calgary proudly services Calgary and area. This includes the City of Calgary and the communities located within a 50km radius of Calgary.
Communities we work with "So All Kids Can Play" include those within the 50km radius including but not limited to: Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, Chestermere, Crossfield, Black Diamond, Turner Valley, High River and Strathmore (*Note Okotoks as their own chapter):
If you fall outside of this area or are unsure of the chapter you should apply to you can click here to find out more
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Families that are low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support through provincial government.
• Grants are allocated for sport registration fees; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
• A child can receive up to $375 in a calendar year.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
• KidSport Calgary provides financial support up to $375 per child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees.
Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31
• If the child needs equipment we will make referral to our partners at Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid.
How to Apply:
1 Apply online or send (email, fax or mail) your completed application to our office.
2 Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information and Income information. Be sure to complete all fields.
3 Complete Sport Program Information after you have registered your child in the sport program.
4 Must provide proof of *household* income. This needs to be provided for all adults in the household. See list of suitable financial documents under the income information section of the KidSport Calgary application form.
5 Be sure to complete and sign the waiver and release portion of the application form.
6 You should now have completed all fields on the application form and attached your income information for all adults in your household. You can now submit applications and financial information for all adults in your household. You can now submit applications and financial information via fax, email or post. This information can be found on the application form.
7 Mail, email or fax your completed application to KidSport Calgary.
8 Application is reviewed by KidSport within 50 days (If the application is incomplete it will take much longer to review). Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within two
weeks of the review date.
If you do not complete all necessary steps and include the appropriate information we will be unable to fully process your application. To ensure the smoothest and quickest possible application process- all fields of the form should be completed and household financial information should be attached for all adults in your household.