Apply for Assistance
To apply for assistance - please look for a chapter where you live by clicking on 'Find a Chapter' above.
If you do not see a chapter in the area where you live, please use the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund application form below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
• KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs.
• KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under are eligible to apply for a grant.
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Families that are on low income, unemployed, on AISH, currently receiving income support through provincial government are all
• Grants are allocated for sport registration fees and equipment; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
• A child can receive up to $250 in a calendar year.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
• KidSport Alberta provides financial support up to $250 per child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year
runs from January 1 – December 31.
• If the child needs equipment we will make referral to either of our partners, Northern Alberta - Sport Central
Southern Alberta - Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid to the sport
How to Apply:
1 Apply online or send your completed application to KidSport.
2 Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information and Income information.
3 Complete Sport Program Information after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the sport organization that you
are requesting funds from KidSport).
4 Verify your financial situation in accordance to individual chapter guidelines. (Either Endorser or Proof of Income)
5 Mail or fax your completed application to KidSport Alberta.
6 Application is reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within two weeks
of the review date.
The first geen tab below is the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund application.
The second green tab below is the KidSport Elite Performance Grant. This grant was created to provide financial assistance to athletes in Alberta who have been recognized at a provincial or national team level.