Apply for Assistance
Thank you for visiting KidSport Alberta's website. You may have been re-directed to this page to apply directly to the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund as we don't have a local chapter in your area. Before applying to the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund, please check on the Find a Chapter tab above to see if there is a chapter where you live.
To apply online click here:
For a printed copy of the application form, find the green buttons located at the bottom of the page. The first tab listed is the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund application.
For athletes playing at the provincial or national level, please select the second button to access the KidSport Elite Performance Grant.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does KidSport help?
KidSport provides grants to cover the costs of registration and equipment for kids from families facing financial barriers. KidSport supports programs that provide children with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors to ensure all kids have the opportunity to experience a positive and beneficial sport environment.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport Grant?
• Kids aged 18 and under;
• Families that are on low income, unemployed, or AISH currently receiving income support through provincial government.
Do I Qualify?
Social and economic barriers facing the family including number of kids per household and financial standing are considered. KidSport uses the national low-income measurement plus 30% to determine applicant eligibility. To check your eligibilty, find the low income cut-off chart located at the bottom of the page.
What does a KidSport Grant Cover?
KidSport Alberta provides financial support up to $250 per child, per calendar year (January 1 – December 31) towards sport registration fees.
If the child needs equipment we can only make referral to either of our partners, Sport Central for northern Alberta or Comrie’s Sport Equipment Bank for southern Alberta, to ensure proper equipment is provided. Grants are allocated for sport registration fees— travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
When is the deadline to apply?
It is best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program. Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding and KidSport cannot reimburse the family for fees already paid to the sport organization.
How to Apply:
1) Apply online or send your completed application to KidSport;
2) Complete Child Information, Parent/Guardian Information and Income information;
3) Complete Sport Program Information after you have registered your child in the sport program (notify the sport organization that you are requesting funds from KidSport);
4) Verify your financial situation in accordance to individual chapter guidelines (either Endorser or Proof of Income);
5) Submit or fax your completed application to KidSport Alberta;
6) Application is reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club within two weeks of the review date.
Proof of Income Statement: Canada Revenue has a new statement that can be used to apply for KidSport funding. To access go to cra.gc.ca/myaccount
Find the KidSport Alberta Provincial Fund application, KidSport Elite Performance Grant and low income cut-off chart below.