Apply for Assistance
How does KidSport help?
- KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers, so they can participate in registered sport programs.
- KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
- Families who are low income, on AISH, unemployed, or receiving income support through provincial government are all considered eligible.
- KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
- Grants for children and youth 18 years and under.
What does a KidSport grant cover?
- KidSport provides financial support, to a maximum amount per eligible child (maximum amount varies by chapter), per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31.
- If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to a partner agency.
- Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
When is the deadline to apply?
- It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
- Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply:
To fill in a paper KidSport application:
Please go to "Find a Chapter" at the top of the page and choose the local KidSport Chapter that covers the area you live in or by calling toll free 1-888-914-5437.
Each chapter has a "Apply for Assistance" page where you can find the paper application.
To apply online:
Applications are reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club directly within two weeks of the review date. You will receive an email confirming your application result. Please note incomplete applications will delay the process by a minimum of four (4) weeks.
The Elite Peformance Fund
This fund is only for Team Alberta or Team Canada athletes, 18 years and under and has limited availability.
To learn more about this fund please click on the green bar below. Please call 1-888-914-5437 to inquire further. Applications for this fund are not available on our website.
Privacy / Confidentiality
KidSport respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted in order to process the application.